Award winning loft conversion company in Hounslow, Touchstone Lofts
Over 1,000 lofts converted since 1989
Are you considering a loft conversion for your Hounslow home but aren’t sure where to start? At Touchstone Lofts, we have been enhancing homes for over 30 years. Working extensively across Hounslow, in areas such as Brentford and Hanworth, we have had the opportunity to transform a wide variety of homes. From low pitch roofs, to complex shaped lofts, we have successfully converted them all. Our experience and expertise allows us to turn even the most awkward loft spaces into bright, spacious and stunning living areas.
Our specialist team will be able to meet with you and assess your home in Hounslow before drawing up a free design, worth £600. We will also be able to generate a ballpark quote for you. Once the conversion process begins, our design and build team, project manager and building regulations officer will be on hand from start to finish to ensure that the process runs smoothly, your home complies with the safety regulations and to reassure you by answering any questions you may have. Each conversion is completed to the highest standard and we guarantee to leave you feeling as proud of our work as we are.
Award-winning loft conversions
We have been recognised for outstanding quality craftsmanship and excellent customer service by the Federation of Master Builders in their Master Builder of the Year Awards, Southern Region.
In addition, we are proud to have been recognised as finalists in the ‘Best Loft Conversion’ category in the 2020 Homebuilding & Renovating Awards.
Claim your free loft design appointment
Claim your free design appointment – you’ve got nothing to lose. It’s worth £600, but we offer this service free of charge. Discover the possibilities, explore the options and find a loft conversion that will suit your way of life and your Hounslow home. Contact us to set up your free appointment.
Types of loft conversions for Hounslow homes
These are the various types of loft conversion we can design and build:
How can we transform your Hounslow home?
Taking the first step towards undertaking a loft conversion can seem daunting and sometimes it’s one of those decisions that can just get put off. Let us help you to take that first step and arrange to discuss all of the options available, the potential costs, the likely timescales and anything else that would need to be considered for your homes unique loft conversion. Once you are armed with all the right information, putting together a well thought out plan for your conversion process is much easier. Our expert team will quickly asses your Hounslow home, listen to your thoughts and consider all of the challenges before taking you through the relevant options for your home. Whether you are thinking about a quick and convenient conversion or a grand scheme with important elements to coordinate, our expertise and experience allows us to simplify everything for you so that you can put your trust in us.
Transform your Hounslow home with a stunning loft conversion
Storage inspiration for your loft conversion
Why choose Touchstone Lofts to work on your Hounslow home?
- We have been delivering loft conversions over Greater London, including throughout Hounslow, for over 30 years. We are specialists in loft conversions and have transformed over 1,000 homes. Specialising in exceeding expectations and finishing builds to the highest standard is what sets us apart from the rest.
- We are proud of the many awards that we have won over the years and continue to strive harder to maintain and exceed the standards that we are known for.
- We believe in making things simple and straightforward. Our “turn key” service allows us to take the strain and deal with all of the issues for you.
- Our design team are uniquely experienced in understanding how to achieve the very best results from your loft conversion. We offer the most considered, practical and beautiful design schemes for each project.
- With so many styles, materials, finishes and components to consider, it’s easy to allow your budget to run away with itself. Our team is able to engineer the best cost for your project by exploring suitable alternatives of the more expensive items whilst ensuring quality and functionality which can only be granted through decades of experience.. This is what comes from having decades of experience.
- We understand how busy life can be and sympathetically consider the impact of construction work on your day to day life. It’s one of the reasons that we plan our work so thoroughly and ensure that we never have more than 5 members of the team on site at any time.
- Our dedicated project managers will be with you throughout the process ensuring that you are kept up to speed with everything and aware of your conversions progress at all times.
- Approvals and planning permissions are often complicated and frustrating. As specialists in loft conversions, our design experience and construction expertise allows us to process planning permissions more efficiently and achieve success in over 90% of all applications – often where other have failed to do so before.
Fire Safety Measures
Undertaking work in your home requires a level of experience. We don’t only ensure that things run smoothly, we also make sure that all fire safety measures and codes are maintained. This has an impact on design as well as specification and will also determine the way in which the construction is delivered. Whether we need specific fire rated doors, detectors or sensors, we have the experience to simplify the process on your behalf.
Your loft conversion questions answered
Have a question about loft conversions? We’re happy to help. Read our answers to the questions that our customers frequently ask us.
How long does a loft conversion take?
Depending on the size and type, most loft conversions take around 12 weeks.
Will I need to move out during the project?
No – it’s safe to carry on living inside the property. We work from the scaffolding before the stairs go in. Any disruption you experience will mainly come from noise.
Where will you place our new staircase?
We will be able to fit your staircase around your existing layout and will find an option to suit you. If possible, we will try to fit your new staircase over the existing staircase so that it fits seamlessly within your property.
Do I need planning permission for a loft conversion?
This depends on your location and type of property – all flats require planning, but if you live in a house that isn’t in a designated area, then permitted development is usually used and no planning is required. There are many other factors to take into account and one of our surveyors can advise further.
How much does a loft conversion cost?
Most cost between £30,000 and £50,000. This depends on the size and type – bigger and more complicated jobs take longer and therefore will cost more. See pricing information for further details.
What is a party wall agreement and do I need one for a loft conversion?
A party wall agreement (PWA) is required if you have a semi-detached or a terraced property and you are working within or near your neighbour’s boundary. We can advise when the surveyor visits.
Does a loft conversion add value to a home?
Yes – it will add from 20% to 30% upwards depending on the size, design and type.
How much head height do you need for a loft conversion?
If you have a clear head height of 2m then a loft conversion may be possible. Our surveyor will need to assess this to confirm.
What’s possible with your loft conversion?
These are some of the build possibilities you might want to consider for your loft conversion:
What can be achieved with a dormer loft conversion
Since 1989, we have converted lofts all over England and the South East, including London, Essex, Surrey, Kent, Sussex, Hertfordshire, Berkshire, Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Hampshire, Oxfordshire, the West Midlands, Warwickshire, Staffordshire, Leicestershire, and Northamptonshire. To find out how a loft conversion can transform your property, call 020 7870 1117 or email [email protected]