Loft conversion prices in London cost from £35,000 for a rooflight and up to £65,000 for a dormer loft conversion. These prices depend on the design, type of loft conversion, nature of materials used and the size of the loft conversion.
There are various other factors that have to be considered too for your loft conversion costs, these include potential added costs which may be required to comply with Building regulation compliance and plumbing costs to remove the water tanks in your existing loft space. See below for other added loft conversion costs.
Loft Conversion London Price Guide
ROOFLIGHT LOFT CONVERSION – Prices from £24,000
SINGLE FLAT ROOF DORMER – Prices from £40,000
L SHAPED DORMER – Prices from £45,000
DOUBLE PITCHED ROOF DORMER – Prices from £55,000
SINGLE PITCHED ROOF DORMER – Prices from £45,000
MANSARD DORMER – Prices from £48,000
FULL WIDTH DOUBLE FLAT ROOF DORMER – Prices from £50,000
These include vat but exclude decoration, tiling and flooring.
Book a free loft consultation where we can discuss your loft conversion options.
The consultation will consider all the various factors to be considered for your loft conversion. These include:
- Suitability of the lofts space for a loft conversion
- The size of the potential loft conversion
- The position of the stairs
- Check all structural walls to ascertain structure
- Party wall issues
- Insulation or sound insulation requirements
- Planning permission or permitted development position
- Number of rooms required
- Plumbing and heating requirements for the whole property
- Window and rooflight requirements for the loft conversion
- Fire regulation requirements, what works arerequired to property to comply with building regulations for the loft conversion
- Any electrical alterations required to the existing property
- Type of flat roof required
- Chimney issues
- Front roof condition
- Ventilation of loft roof
- Position of scaffolding and skip/ rubbish removal for works, storage of materials, delivery access, crane access.
- What the effects the loft conversion will have on your day to day life
- What is required from the customer during the loft conversion
- Any questions you may have about the build and the process for the loft conversion
Loft conversions add significant value to the price of your property, up to 30%. A loft conversion increases the size of your property and adds significantly to the footprint of your living space. Typically moving from three to four bedrooms and two bathrooms can costs hundreds of thousands of pounds in London. This does not include the added costs of moving such a stamp duty, legal costs and removals etc, the costs go on.
Other costs in Loft conversions include:
- Is the boiler suitable, do we need to remove water tanks from the loft space
- Tiling costs in new ensuite
- Building regulation fees