Our clients Mr and Mrs Kersey had built their loft conversion in their previous house and certainly knew what they were looking for. They both visited our showhouse and were impressed with the work they had seen there. They wanted a large bedroom and an ensuite. For the dormer windows the Kersey’s wanted an aluminium patio door with Juliette balcony and they wanted a rendered hip.
During the initial consultation it was clear Mr Kersey knew his onions and the whole project would be scrutinised by him. He had hand built his previous loft conversion so he knew about the structure and materials required and could spot good quality craftsmanship. Mr Kersey was delighted with the quality of the works at the showhouse and signed up after visiting.
Once the scaffolding was in place we sent a two man team in to build the structure and Mr Kersey was happy with the progress. The floor structure was in within a week and the dormer was built and fully tiled within three weeks. The gable was prepared with backer boards ready for the coloured silicone rendering.
We also renewed the front roof so the client will not have to worry about the roof for many decades.
The following trades were employed for the loft conversion
- Surveyor – to do the quote and survey the proposal
- Architect – to draw all plans and submit to planning for a letter of lawful development
- Structural engineer – calculations for the works for building regulations
- Scaffolders- to access the building externally
- Loft construction team – build the loft conversion ready for the plastering team
- NICEIC qualified electrician
- Plumber – gas regulations
- Quality plastering and rendering professionals
- Building regulation officer – to oversee the build regulations
- Carpenters – for joinery and second fixing
- Roofers – for tiling
- Skips – for licenced rubbish removals
- Bespoke stairs manufacturing company
Not only was the clients very happy with the work, but their neighbour from the rear garden watched the conversion daily and was so impressed by the team, they have contracted us to do his loft conversion in 2021.