Chelsham Road, CR2
The opportunity to create more space
Client brief: Create a simple, rooflight loft conversion. Although there was no dormer there was still a significant number of trades and professionals involved in this conversion.
How we can achieve a conversion like this for your home
A simple loft conversion with no dormer will still add significant value to your home.
The general schedule of works was as follows:
- Architect produced detailed drawings for client approval.
- Once approved, drawings were sent to planning for a letter of lawful development (takes around eight weeks).
- Meanwhile, structural engineer prepared detailed plans ready for the construction team.
- The scaffolding was erected and materials (including steels) were delivered onto the scaffold directly.
- Steel and floor structure constructed.
- Insulation and stairs fitted.
- Plumbing and electrical first fixing completed.
- Plaster-boarding complete followed by the plastering team.
- Second fix electrical, plumbing and carpentry completed.
- Snagging and decoration completes the project.
Our customer was delighted with the final loft conversion – a building regulation compliant loft conversion which had an internal head height of two metres.